Sunday, April 5, 2009

Zion Mountain Resort

There is an East exit out of Zions National Park and when you pop out, you see this Mountain Resort. It's made up of some 30 cabins of all sizes. We decided to stop at their restaurant for buffalo burgers, very yummy I might add, and ended up making this our overnight excursion.
When it got dark the owners lit a bon fire and we all roasted marshmellows. We met a family from Arizona, another from Michigan and several others just up from St. George.

The cabins surround a field where buffalo roam free.



We didn't get there in time to take a wagon ride, but they are offered. As well as horse riding and four wheelin'. I think this was be a fabulous place for a family reunion.


Last picture before we headed home. We had a totally relaxing evening with the kids. We'll have to do this more often.




2 comments:

Renae said...

I'm all for close day trip vacations. I think we miss out on local stuff too often.

mom said...

I'd like to know more about this place. It sounds very fun.