Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sarah's Family comes to visit

Last weekend we had a blast with the Snowder clan. Sarah took pictures of the kids and the dad's heading off on a small hike but other than that we basically forgot all about our cameras. This little beauty is Sarah and I trying to make Raspberry Popcorn. This was taken seconds before I burned her with the pan. We are such retards. We got a wild hair to have a popcorn buffet ready for when the kids got back from their hike. We made Raspberry, Cheese, Chicken and Carmel flavored popcorn. Sound disgusting? No way! All four bowls were gone in a matter of minutes. Here are the recipes in case you're interested. These all came from a Popcorn recipe book we had growing up. It's a cheap after school snack. Have fun!
Raspberry Popcorn:
1/4 C. butter
1/4 C. any flavor jello gelatin (we used Raspberry)
5 Large Marshmellows
Melt all together and pour over popped popcorn
Carmel Popcorn:
1/4 C. butter
1/4 C. brown sugar
4 Large Marshmellows
Melt all together and pour over popped popcorn
Cheese Popcorn:
1/4 C. butter
about 3-4 Tablespoons of powdered cheese
melt together in micro (we had to guess on the cheese amount, but it turned out great)
Chicken Popcorn:
1/4 C. butter
1 chicken bullion or 1 tsp. of powdered bullion
melt together in micro (again we guessed on the chicken amount, good stuff!)


Here's Tadpole, I bet he can't wait to get big and go places with the kids. He was always getting left behind. Trust me, he found plenty to do around the house.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

how fun!

barrettandaudrey said...

Sisters are the best! I love the little dresses, I need to learn how to sew better! I know how to quilt but when it comes to reading a pattern I get so confused. You are incredibly talented!

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

I like the cabinets. are they new?

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

I like the cabinets. are they new?

White's said...

Steph, my cabinets are the same ones we put in when we built it. I think the lighting may make them look different. Tiffany