Sunday, April 5, 2009

Scripture bags

I think I mentioned early that we have a Spansh Branch that comes to our primary and sunday school classes. This really has been a blessing to our small primary. I know we live in Utah, but our junior and senior primary put together is about 25 kids, if we're lucky. The spanish branch added about 10 more kids. Yeah! Anyway, I teach the valiant 9 and 10 year old girls. This is Megan's class and I can't say this to loud, but I'm really enjoying it. (The minute you say you like it, you get released.) Many of the spanish members do not have much and the girls in my class were bringing their scriptures in grocery bags. So I used up some fabric that I had and added a little ribbon to make scripture bags. The girls were thrilled.
Did you know that the missionaries don't hand out D & C's any more. We used to have them available for our investigators but now you have to buy them. Since we are studying church history this year, I included a paperback version of the D & C and Pearl of Great Price. Now the girls are all set.

2 comments:

Renae said...

What a nice Primary teacher you are! Darling little bags!

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

Love the bags and LOVE the meaning behind them. I am sure the girls were THRILLED!
-Steph