Sunday, April 5, 2009

Planted Garden

My mom came down the second week in May and helped me get the garden planted. I can't get a picture of the entire garden in, it's too long. It took us 9 hours to get 48 tomato plants, 27 pepper plants, three typs of onions, beets, carrots, rhubarb, green beens, garlic, radishes, spinach and an herb garden planted. Now all I have to do is sing to it, talk to it nicely and pray over it. We should have a nice crop if all goes well.


It's so fun to see stuff coming up. The kids get so excited, I hope it doesn't wear off when it comes time to start harvesting. My swiss chard came back from last year. I'm not 100% sure what to do with it. We'll have to try some new recipes.


1 comment:

jen said...

I sing and talk nicely to my plants too, but my zucchini just died. I think I planted it to early. I guess I will try again.