Sunday, April 3, 2011

General Conference and Pecans

I look forward to General Conference every 6 months. The talks are always so inspiring and uplifting. I'm lovingly reminded of all my faults and failings but then I'm given counsel and direction on how to improve myself. I wish it were as easy to "change" as it is to "say" what needs to be changed. Thankfully in 6 more months I'll be reminded again.
I usually find some sort of activity to keep my hands busy while my brain is listening. Otherwise I usually fall asleep. Not because I'm bored, definitely not, but because I'm so comfortable in my PJ's that I have a tendency to crash.

So this time I recruited the family to help crack pecans. We picked these with Matt and Emily's family back in January and because life just happens, it's taken us this long to get them shelled. We love pecans in homemade granola.

No comments: