Thursday, January 7, 2010

San Fransisco Trip Day 1

Ter had and NCARB meeting in San Fransisco the first of January, so me and the kids decided to go along. Little did we know the adventures we would have before we even got to our destination.

Some families have medical issues, our family has car issues. Constantly! Even if the car was purchased with only 15K miles on it. Anyway, we were just driving along minding our own business when Ter noticed he no longer had any acceleration ability in the van. The van was running, but when you put your foot on the gas it would rev up but not go anywhere. Nice! So here is our tow truck driver Bob, putting our car onto his truck.






We headed back to Barstow Calif. to a Ford dealership who informed us it would cost $3000 and 2 weeks to fix our van. Well, up to this point, I was fairly ticked off, after the poor car guy brought us the bad news, I was livid, to say the least.



So, Ter got us a rental car and off went.



Estimated arrival time to San Fran should have been 6 p.m. We finally pulled in around 11 p.m. Thankfully there was a very pleasant bellman to meet us. His name was Donovan. I don't think I've ever met a happier man. He truly loved his job.





2 comments:

Nancy said...

What a trip! I feel bad that you had to deal with all of that. But Im glad you got to do some fun things too. I would enjoy some california weather right about now.

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

hahahah i miss you guys!!! :)

♥HaleighBug