Saturday, January 9, 2010

San Fransisco Trip Day 3

Saturday brought a trip to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 were we saw a few sea lions. We were told it was the anchovy run, so the sea lions were out hunting.




There is an amazing aquarium at Pier 39.


This aquarium has a tunnel that goes under the water and you walk through the sea life. It's amazing to see them swim over you. Of course this interesting looking creature is not permanent to the exhibit. I guess a couple times a day they go over the outside of the tunnel and clean off the glass so we have a clear view.


The kids got the pet baby sting ray and sharks. Spencer's the only one who touched the baby shark. Meg and Brev were just fine with the sting ray and starfish.


I loved the bright colors of the starfish.


Next was the USS Jeremiah O'Brien cargo ship. This ship is one of the Liberty Ships. It took supplies to the beaches of Normandy after the invasion.



This ship was not meant for battle but it did have equipment in case they were attached.


The green tarp is covering one of the cargo holes. There were 5 cargo holes on this ship.


Alcatraz, with a bit of sunshine.


Sunshine for 5 minutes.


I'm not a great photographer, but I liked how this photo turned out. I will never tire of seeing America's Flag flying!

The highlight of our day was a trip to the Orphium Theatre to see Wicked. We met up with Aunt Jenni and Uncle Wes for dinner at a Tapas style restaurant then headed off to the show.


We were so glad Jenn and Wes could come with us. The show was excellent! Ter and I were able to see Wicked when we were in Chicago a couple years ago, so we were so glad we could take the kids. They loved it! We hope at some point we'll get to see it again.


1 comment:

jen said...

We sure did have a good time with you guys. The dinner, play, and company was perfect!