Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day 2009

Christmas Day came bright and early. We told the kids they couldn't wake us up before 6:30 a.m. I should have said 10. Anyway, Santa had left the kids gift in the back yard with a note saying it was too heavy to get into the house. He simply pushed it out of the sleigh. Gee wiz, two years ago when he brought the first trampoline he put the whole thing together. I think next year I'm going to leave a note for him stating that all gifts must come assembled.

So here's the crew, and look, Dad's even reading the directions!

Meg having a go at pounding the thing together.

Spence and Brev holding things in place for dad.

Ter finally resorted to brute strength.




Ter putting on the springs.

Tiff tying the net at the top of the poles.

Voila! This time we staked the legs into the grown so the next gust of wind won't through it over the fence again.

This year I made each of the kids a new blanket. There old ones no longer cover their feet. This is Brevin's. All sports related.
This is Megan's. She cut out all the squares about two years ago. I was going to help her make it herself but time was running out. In another year it will probably be to short.
This is the back.

This one is Spencer's. The white square says Lewis Disney Cruise January 2007. I've had the top put together for at least a year. It's made from the bandana's we received at one of the dinners on the cruise ship. All pirate themed.

This is the back.

I even did a quilt for me. This is called the "Vintage Circle Quilt." This was really quite fun to put together. The triangles are sewn directly onto the front, batting, and backing fabric. So once the triangles are sewn on, the quilt is done. All that needs to be added is the binding.

This is the backing.
Megan is modeling a crocheted (sp) headband from Tai Pan Trading Company. These little do- dads are all the rage this year. They come in a bazillion different colors. I think I might have to get me one.

If anyone can show me how to get this video rotated, I would love it. Until then, you'll have to watch it side ways. It's rather silly, but it's our first experience with watching our little girl grow up.



5 comments:

Sarah and Jeremie said...

oh, oh! I better not let cara see megan shaving. She'll want to. I bet Megan doesn't use deodorant yet though. It looks like Ter got all the pieces in the right place for the tramp. I knew he could do it.

mom said...

I love the quilts. You have been very energetic. I love Terry's brute strength putting together the trampoline. Is it warm enough in St. George right now to be out? I can't believe Megan is old enough to shave.

Leslie said...

your quilt is beautiful. And I'm cracking up over Megan shaving her legs.

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

An electric shaver?!?!?? Man!

♥haleighbug

Renae said...

Totally hilarious shaving video!

She is too cute!
We're moving into that stage with #2. #1 went ahead and did it on her own one day w/o asking--like she was being a sneaky girl. I guess she couldn't take the peer pressure anymore.

Love those quilts too. Great job!