Sunday, January 10, 2010

San Fransisco Trip Day 4

Sunday was Ter's last day to work, so we took off to find a ward to attend until he got finished. We had to park two blocks away because the parking lot was only meant for 15 cars and there were probably 30 parked side by side and nose to nose. I'm serious! If you were the first one to church, you were the last one to leave, because everyone just pulled into the parking lot, which is located under the building, and parked behind whatever car was in front of them. I don't know why they bothered to paint lines. They certainly weren't used.
I do enjoy visiting other wards. This one happened to have all young married couples with small children. They only had one deacon. We learned that most of these families were in San Fransisco for dental school.


By the time church was over, Ter was also done and ready to play with us. First destination, Lombard Street. The curviest street in San Fran.


We decided to walk down one side and up the other. The houses are so cute!

At one point during our trip I asked the kids if they'd like to live here. They said it's okay to visit, but definitely not live there. We saw our first patch of grass when we went to the Golden Gate Park. They said the houses are too squished together. I agree!



This is the observation deck at the Golden Gate Park. They had a couple lovely museums, but a little over priced if you ask me, so we walked through the botanical gardens, which were free.

A sculpture made completely of wires, in the lobby of the observatory. It was really cool looking!



Botanical Gardens
Last stop for the day and our trip. Golden Gate Bridge! The entire day it was bitter cold, so we didn't stay long. We couldn't believe there were surfers down in the water. I thought these waters were shark infested. Plus, I have no idea what the temp. was. We were about frozen.



No comments: