Monday, October 25, 2010

Pantry

My basement pantry is pretty much my only storage room in the house. I've made a little rule for myself that if it doesn't fit in here, it has to be tossed.

Well..... I was doing pretty good until the end of canning season when I saw how many jars still had to be added to my pantry. I've now changed my little rule to allow some of my fabrics to be stored by my sewing machine. When it comes right down to it, I'd prefer to eat real food instead of chewing on fabric. But if clothing was hard to come by, I'd rather be clothed than naked. So..... some of the fabric got relocated.

After two full days of rearranging and relabeling my shelves, it doesn't look much different but it sure feels good.

We think we bottled somewhere around 1200 jars between June and November. Most of the time we bottled together, but there were a few occasions where we canned by ourselves, then shared with each other. I would really love to do an accurate count of the total jars we all have in storage. But that will have to wait for another day!


No comments: