Meg had a Girls Late Night/Halloween party this year. She only has 6 girls in her school class this year, so she added a couple more friends from years past and they had a great time.

We asked each of the girls to bring a flashlight and a bag of candy. We provided the healthy dinner and entertainment.
Once everyone arrived, I collected the bags of candy and counted all the pieces. I then made a list of the type of candy and how many pieces they could find.

Spencer and
Brev hid all the pieces in the backyard and we turned the girls loose with their flashlights. It was a brilliant idea, if I do say so myself. It took the girls twice the amount of time to find all the candy on their list. Once they collected the proper number, they couldn't pick up any more of that type.

When everyone was done, they could then trade out what they didn't want. Doing it this way made sure that
no one said, "she got more than me!" It was great! Course, these are 6th graders, I'm not sure they'd care.

They played the skeleton game several times and night games.

They ended with a movie then went home.
The kids and I were so tired. (
Ter was on a
camp out with the priests.) We went straight to bed only to get up first thing in the morning to get the house ready for Spencer's Halloween party. I must be getting a little bit more mellow in my old age. The idea of having two parties in one weekend is quite crazy but the kids had a total blast. I did too, even though I absolutely hate Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment