Sunday we found a ward in downtown Denver. It took some time to find as it is not your typical LDS building. We parked under the building then hiked up three flights of stairs to the third floor chapel. Spencer was the only Deacon in attendance. So he and two other men passed the sacrament around. It was a very small ward, but the spirit was strong and the speakers were great. The minute the missionaries say us, they headed our direction and asked if we were new. I felt bad to have to say we were just visiting.
So here is what the White's can afford when on vacation. Four nights at the Econolodge cost the same as one nights stay at Hotel Monaco. Thanks NCARB, you spoiled us. Thankfully our days were filled with outings. The only hours spent in our little, dark, smelly, noisy hotel room were for sleeping. Even then I could have layed out a slab of plywood and slept just the same.
Hobi Lobi was my first stop but I had to hold myself back. I found their clearance isle where everything was 90% off. Oh, if only I had a bigger van. I'd already found a kitchen table at the Restoration Hardware Clearance Center in Colorado Springs. Normally $2,000 for $199.00. Ter would have had a fit had I tied it to the top of the car. So... it didn't get purchased, but oh so close. Hancock Fabrics did have a couple pieces I couldn't resist and the quilt shops were fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment