This was kind of a special moment for my dad. The flag pole is actually on the property next door that my parents just purchased, so in years past we've never done a flag raising ceremony on the 4th. The flag that we used was the flag that was draped over the coffin of my grandpa Bert Lewis. Dad's dad. He was a WWII veteran. My dad got a little emotional when he started talking about his dad so my mom helped tell the grandkids how great-grandpa had served in the war and that this flag was given to the family of the deceased in honor of their service.
We then took a minute to have Ter read the Declaration of Independance. I think we need to do this more regularly. I'm not sure Americans remember what our founding fathers wrote. They were truely inspired by God.
Next on the agenda was the parade. I do miss beautiful floats.! We mostly saw fancy cars and people walking. They didn't even toss candy. What's a parade without candy!

The rest of the day was spent at mom and dad's with lots of aunts, uncles and cousins. We had a wet game of waterballoon vollyball....
The rest of the day was spent at mom and dad's with lots of aunts, uncles and cousins. We had a wet game of waterballoon vollyball....
I think Kara is playing the Peach Blossom Special!?
No comments:
Post a Comment