
The invitation!
Megan didn't want to do a swim party for her end of the school year class party, so we did a garden party instead. It turned out to be great fun for the girls. There was a boy in her class that invited all the boys to his house for a swim party, then Megan had all the girls to our house. There was only one little girl who couldn't come.

Here's my awesome husband cutting cheese slices into the shapes of hearts. What a guy! We stayed up 'til midnight getting all the food cut up and ready.

Then Spencer and Ter got up early to get the canopies set up before the kids left for school and Ter had to leave for work. We also prayed really hard for two weeks that the wind would not start until 3:30 p.m. The party would end at 3:00 p.m. Thankfully our prayers were heard. Right around 3:30 p.m. we had a huge gust of wind that knocked our flowers off the table spilling water everywhere.

Ter being very careful not to have the tie downs to far away from the pulls. We didn't need any little girls tripping and landing on their head!

Here is my very functional but somewhat unattractive picnic table. (before)

(after)Now with some slip covers over the bench part and battenberg table cloth. Unfortunately you can't see the cute ric rac and contrasting fabric along the bottom. The ric rac was white and the contrast fabric was yellow gingham.

I have a wonderful friend, Cami, who came to help with the party. She used to work in a flower shop so she put all the fresh flowers together and they looked so beautiful. My original idea was to buy potted plants to put in these metal tins, but they all died before the big day arrived. Costco saved the day with huge bundles of flowers for 8$.


The purpose of this garden party was to have lunch, visit and make crafts. I got a kick out of these little 4th graders conversations. You could tell they were trying to be so grown up. We had asked all the girls to wear their favorite summer dress. All but two little girls did. They looked so cute!

These little treats were the highlight of the party. I know there is a name for them, but it has escaped my mind at the moment. They are the richest bites of cake I have ever tasted. The gal that I made the pillow case dresses for, made these for our party. They almost look to pretty to eat. Almost!


I got the idea for the fabric garland from my cousin Leslie. Thanks, Leslie!

The crafts were a huge hit! They got to make a foam animal with magnets on the back, a book mark with a foam creature at the top, a flower hair clip and a flower broach. Each girl recieved a small gift bag to keep all their craft creations together.

Of course we had to go all out and made a new summer dress for Megan. I was a little worried about the brightness of the orange, but it turned out really cute. This has become her new favorite color.

Here are the girls: Kyligh, Emma and Alexandra

Rylie, Maddie and Sydnie (daughter of my friend Cami)

Ria, Jesslyn, Megan and Abbie

Sydney and Halie ( Cami's girls)

And last but not least, Jesslyn and Kaitlyn.
Thanks to my family for putting up with all my crazy ideas. It took many nights at the sewing machine, trips to the craft store and countless thinking hours to get it all put together but we loved how it turned out. I better start thinking about next year.
8 comments:
What a darling idea. I bet the girls were in heaven acting so grown up. You girls are amazing with your creativity. I hope you didn't kill yourself in the process. Megan looks so cute in her orange dress. How old is she anyway?
I llllllllooooooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeee that summer dress!!! It's so cute!!! Did you make it?
LOVE
HaleighBug
Your party looks like so much fun! I love summer parties, and I love the orange dress. It makes her look like such a lady!
What a cute party! I love events like that!! All of your decorations look adorable!
very cute party
Love your garlands.
And we, of course, love orange at our house--M's dress is Darling!! She and my M. should really get together cuz I think they'd get along famously.
Great pictures. you and terry took a great picture. I must say you look younger everytime I see a picture of you. Way to go.
fred
Well thank you Fred! That's nice to hear especially since my kids ask me why I have so many wrinkles. Actually we take the pictures from a good distance so as to hide those age lines. Tiffany
Post a Comment