
I'm a bit of a sucker for sewing gadgets. This little guy makes 1" wide bias tape, then when you fold it in half, it's 1/2". The perfect size for almost anything.

Meg is helping since this little project is for her end of the year school party. She's invited all the girls in her class to a "Garden party." More details to come. So this bias tape is for fabric garland.

You'll notice the fabric is wider on the left side of Megan. The tape maker does all the folding and you simply run the iron over the folded fabric to keep it in place.

Our finished pile measures 90'. Yes, 90 feet. We're hanging two rows of it across the back yard. It's going to take some time to sew all the flags to it, but it's going to be so cute.
4 comments:
I had one of these and the only time I tired to used it I HATED it. It must have been operator error!! I guess I'm not as good as Megan :)
I think I need one of those tools. I've always wanted to make my own bias tape out of a printed fabric since the stores only ever have solids.
CAN'T WAIT to see the garden party!
Emily, you need to try it again. This worked great. My fabric is even a heavier twill. It would go really quick with a light weight cotton. Tiffany
Can't wait to see pics of the party!
-Steph
Post a Comment