This year my mom came down to help get the garden planted.

We planted 3 artichoke and 3
rhubarb plants in the front yard.
Ter and I yanked out a bunch of decorative bushes to make room. I figure if I have to water and weed flowerbeds, I'd better be able to eat whatever is there. So maybe I'll call them garden beds instead of flower beds.

Megan has 2 very large herb beds. She clips, packages and sells herbs all summer long. She can make $20 in 1 hour.

I swear by drip systems. There is no other way to water your garden, unless you are my mother. She finds watering very
therapeutic, whereas I find it very time consuming.

We planted during the kids spring break. I help tend my neighbors kids when she works so they helped us plant as well. Here's my mom showing the kids how to plant onion bulbs.

This is Connor
Southwick. He was awesome! He's the only one who stuck with me until we got everything planted.

It took two days to get everything in, but what fun it will be when things start popping up!
No comments:
Post a Comment