We've lived in our house almost 6 years and have never had a completed
back splash in the kitchen. I had every intention of tiling shortly after we moved in, but money, time and life in general got in the way.
So here's what I had before. Sheetrock with no paint behind the stove.

Sheetrock with paint behind the sink.

New paint color, hot pink! Just kidding! It's the water proofing that goes behind the tiles. Sarah's doing a lovely job! Sarah gave me the jump start I needed to get going. Unfortunately I need her to come back to jump start me again.
Ter would love to have zero involvement in my project but somehow he always gets sucked in. Thank goodness or the
back splash would still be at the half tiled stage.

Me in the garage cutting tiles. Spencer holding the water guard to keep the water from shooting in my face. Sarah and I broke the guard when we were tiling mom and dad's rental.

Sarah and her family were on their way to Disneyland so she helped get the tile up. I still have to grout. But since I have no idea when that's going to happen, I'll give you the almost completed shots.

I used white 3X6 subway tiles and brick stacked them. When I get around to it I'll use white non-sanded grout.
Then have
Ter put the oven vent back up and the outlet covers. I so love how it turned out!

As of todays day which is 4/26/11, the tile is still not grouted. We're just trying to manage one project crises after another.
1 comment:
Looks GREAT Tiff!
-Steph
Post a Comment