Ter had a NCARB assignment in Portland, Maine and my dad was kind enough to give me sky miles so I could go too. These are never vacations for Ter, but I had a blast. I had two whole day to see the sights. My first stop was the Crab Shack. I didn't actually have crab, I had fried clams. Mmmm!

Portland, Maine was created on top of land fill so there is pretty much no beach. It's one of the only cities on the upper east coast that has a deep water port. So cruise ships are able to dock as well as larger vessels.

I saw this tiny little plant trying to grow out in the middle of the water.

I took a tour of the old railroad and got a kick out of the passenger coaches.

The woodwork was amazing....

The heating interesting...

And the bathroom facilities, hilarious!

You'll notice that through the toilet seat is the train tracks. Thus the need for the sign.

The green velvet chairs are beautiful.

This is a bus that transported workers into town.

Megan's latest fetish is antique suitcases. (In her mind any suitcase without wheels is an antique.) So I thought of her when I saw these. They had such lovely stitching on every side.

I have no idea what these are called, but they have them all over the place. I thought they were so happy looking.

I got to watch this boat get moved from the dry dock area across the street down into the ocean. Kind of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment