These past three days have been busy with canning. First was banana squash, then pears and peaches and now beets. I cut a few corners with the preparation part. It says to put them in boiling water to remove the skins. This process would take quite awhile for the amount of beets I had, so I simply peeled them with my carrot peeler. I wore gloves so as not to end up with purple hands when I was all finished.

There is nothing to putting up beets, just boiling water and salt. I put them in quart jars because I have a beet soup that's really good and a quart will feed our family better.


The look much prettier in real life, the flash washed out my color.

So here's three half days worth of canning. I can't say that I LOVE to can, but I sure LOVE the looks of the completed product. I feel very industrious and it all tastes very yummy!
I kind of feel like a squirrel collecting nuts for the winter. At least my family won't starve.
No comments:
Post a Comment