Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Totally Wicked

Spencer's got droopy eyes 'cause we finally finished his music project at 10:30 tonight.

He missed a big assignment while we were in San Fransisco, so his music teacher asked him to put a poster together about Wicked. Spencer is not usually my one to put much effort into his assignments, but I convenced him to do a little more since his teacher told him she was going to dock points before he even got started. Thanks for the encouragement teach!

Spencer took the Playbill to staples and had them enlarge the cover so he could use it as a pattern. He cut everything out himself, then drew on the eyes, nose, lips and fingers free hand. I did the typing for him, simply becuase I'm faster and it was getting late, but he dictated what he wanted typed. Then added the information to his poster.

He must have been pretty proud of himself becuase it was his idea to take a picture and post it on the blog.

So here's my little man with his finished project!

Last week he got all registered for high school. He's decided to join the Jr. Air Force ROTC and try out for the tennis team.

Spencer's been praying to get taller, and today he really suffered from growing pains. He said, " Heavenly Father must be answering my prayers."

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Thats pretty cool! And I love the ottoman too. Sorry your trip turned out to be more than you anticipated. I think about the things I could have bought with money I'm forced to spend all the time.

Emily said...

We just got Preston tested because he is at the 3rd% on the growth chart, while kaija is at the 95th%. He measures as a 3y old when he's 5. But thankfully after LOTS of testing they said he's fine, just going to be a late bloomer. As in everyone else will grow in 6-7-8th grade and he'll probably grow in 11-12th. Maybe that's Spencers deal too.

jen said...

cute! growing pains are the worst, but I guess if you've been praying for them, they probably feel ok.

Lianne said...

Wow, he did a really good job on that poster! Gotta love those late night school projects. Sounds like you guys had a great trip!

Jen and Alec said...

I love the look on his face as much as I love the finished poster! I also love the ottoman-I don't think I would be able to figure out how to get it to fit so nicely. I'm finally doing my upholstered headboard, cross your fingers for me. I wish I did hair so I could trade services with you, perhaps you will be needing an IV or Colonoscopy in the near future?