Sunday, January 18, 2009

Brevin learns to ride

Nothing like a little pressure from the neighborhood boys to learn how to ride a bike. I jokingly asked one of the dad's in the neighborhood (B.J.) to teach Brevin how to ride a bike. Two minutes late B.J. knocked on the door to have me come watch Brevin.
B.J. said he already knew how to ride, I said, no, really he didn't. So when we asked Brevin how come he couldn't learn to ride when dad was helping him, he said, "I couldn't consentrate, dad kept barking out orders!" Thank heavens for patient neighbors.

What a kid! Since we have no school tomorrow, Brevin is looking forward to a day of practising. Next on the list is a bike that's the right size.


5 comments:

Emily said...

I always love when my kids learn how to ride a bike. They instantly get to be a "big kid" and feel like they have all this freedom! This summer it's Preston's turn to learn.

Lianne said...

How exciting! That's awesome that he's learned to ride. And Megan's new haircut looks way cute! And way to go to Spencer for student of the month! (I haven't read your blog in a while...) :)

mom said...

That is no fair that you did not have to run along side of Brevin while he learned. I did with the girls but I remember Mark said one day, "Come watch me ride," he had taught himself. That was a great day.

Renae said...

One of Zane's friends did the same thing--wouldn't let anyone teach him until one of the uncles showed up for some family event and then the kid was riding within seconds. Positive peer pressure can be a beautiful thing.

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

Way to go Brev!!!! You're getting so big!! We love you.
*Aunt Steph and family