I have gone out there and found him sitting on the ground with the girls climbing all over him. Remind me who it was that didn't want chickens? I swear he likes them more than me!
See the lower perch? I went out one Saturday and Ter was installing it. He thought it would be a fun place to play. Play!? Do chickens play? Again, who's supposed to take care of these girls?
Ter has now admitted that he absolutely loves these gals. When asked why he was so resistant to getting them in the first place, he says it's 'cause he knew he'd end up liking them, not that he was worried he'd have to take care of them. Okay, thanks for the clarification!
The girls couldn't wait. They were testing it out as Ter was trying to screw it to the wall.

All done girls!
These two girls were the first to try it out. The others stayed in the window openings but you can see it's a tight fit. When Ter went out the next morning to check on them, they were all lined up on the new perch. I've learned that they go to the highest point to roost.
They are such silly girls! They are very entertaining to watch. We let them out every night just before the sun sets. This way they put themselves back in the coop when it's time for bed and we don't have to chase them around. Take a look at this video clip and you'll see what I mean.
No comments:
Post a Comment