Monday, May 16, 2011

Another Scout Outing

Today was bicycle safety day. We took the boys on a 1 mile bike ride. I'm in the orange long sleeved shirt and the little guy to my left just learned how to ride a bike so he could go with us.

About halfway through our ride he just stopped and said, "I don't think I'm going to make it, I'll just walk my bike." Well, no can do buddy. I made him get back on and off we went. We were the last two to get to our destination, but we made.

I was proud of him for learning how to ride his bike, but thought it a little strange that he was learning at such an old age. These boys are 9 years old going on 10.


1 comment:

Renae said...

One of Zane's friend refused to attempt to ride until he was 8 or 9 years old. Then he just did it, but we thought it was weird at our house because most of our kids have ridden without training wheels by 4 yrs. old.

Good ole positive peer pressure.