Saturday, January 29, 2011

Spring is in the air

January has been super busy! I have a bazillion pictures to post but they all have to do with the work we've done on my parents new house. I want to do one big post so you can see what we started with and then the finished project. It is the cutest house ever! Though, the more work we do the more attached we become so we are somewhat bias.

It's going to be used as a rental, but definitely does not look like a rental. Actually my kids have asked several times if we can move in. I wouldn't mind one bit!

So in between several trips to Provo in January, we were able to squeeze in a little yard work of our own.

This rock path leads up the side of our house from the pool. It has needed several more rock steps put in because it's a little steep. So, Ter and I drove around until we could find some rocks we could have. Why pay for them when they're laying all over the place.


It's looking much better. We have one more row of steps and then we're done.

While Ter worked on this I worked on digging up a section in my front yard for another 3'x16' garden box. I've decided I need to use every available space to plant things we can eat. It's a crazy time and I don't trust that our economy is going to get better any time soon.
I also yanked out 6 plants in the front flower bed that were strictly ornamental. I'm going to replace them with 3 more artichoke plants and 3 Rhubarb plants. If I'm going to spend the money on watering and time on weeding, I better be able to eat it. I know, call me crazy!

Here's a little clip from our hard working crew!

No comments: