Friday, August 21, 2009

Swimsuit #2

Now that summer is coming to a close, I decided I'd better finish up a swimsuit I've had cut out since June. I think it turned out really cute considering I didn't have a pattern for the halter part.

Megan wanted to try a halter. After swimming in it a few times she's not sure she likes how it feels. I think she's just used to having a tank. But this style does look a little older, so for that reason I may not make it again for a few more years. I can tell she walks with just a little attitude in this one. Not sure I'm okay with that.
The plastic hook comes in a package of two at JoAnns. I think I used a 1" hook.

Here are our lovely swim buddies. I'll be tending the gal on the left for the rest of the school year. She attends GWA with my kids so I only have her a couple hours each day. She is also in the Spanish branch, so she attends my primary class. It's working out great. She's a good girl. The gal on the far right just moved into our neighborhood and the little one lives across the street. Megan is so excited to have several girls to play with.

4 comments:

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

I'm having a hard time deciding what is cuter, the suit or that cute girl Megan! She is getting so grown up.
-Steph

Renae said...

Love that cute suit. And love that cute fabric too. You did a really nice job. I know what you mean about the "attitude". It may also be the age of the girl.

Leslie said...

That is a cute style. love the fabric too.

So much Love! said...

Girl, you are so talented! It's a beautiful swimsuit and it's fun to see megan with a little "sass"...then again it's easy to say when their not yours.