June 25 was one of the happiest days of my life. I officially completed my 5 year stint as Chairmen of the George Washington Academy Charter School Board. Since I'm posting these comments 6 weeks after this blessed event, I can honestly tell you that I don't miss any part of it. I feel like a new woman!
I'm leaving with a feeling of great accomplishment. I nearly killed myself to get everything put in place, but it has truely been the best sacrifice every made for my kids. I'm happy to report they are all tons smarter than I. I can no longer help Megan (5th gr.) or Spencer (8th gr.) with their math. Thankfully Brevin (2nd gr.) hasn't passed me up.
So, to those of you who knew that my life was completely tied up in school stuff and could talk of nothing else, rest assured, I now have a normal life with tons of projects, tons of time to do whatever I please and tons of new subjects to talk about. Life is good!
Happy Valentines Day!
13 years ago
1 comment:
I am so glad you get to be a mom again. You did a great work for the school and I am totally amazed.but there is nothing like a little time of your own.
Post a Comment