Sunday, February 22, 2009

Megan's Birthday

Friday was Megan's 10th b-day. Gosh, they grow up so fast! Since we just had a family party we skipped the traditional b-day cake. If you can believe this, we are not big cake or cupcake eaters. So, we stacked up white mini donuts, sprinkled them with candy hearts and M&M's and poked in a few candles. Tada! It was a huge hit.
Grandma Lewis came down to help me sew up Megan's bedding for her b-day gift. We're almost done. I have four more pillows, so we'll post a picture as soon as it's complete. (Wednesday's my goal!) She has been so patient. I've told her for the past year that I would get it all done. I'd like her to enjoy it while she's still young. Happy Birthday Meggy Moo!






2 comments:

Leslie said...

cute cake idea.

Renae said...

O.K. I love the donut cake idea. That is great. I have a not-so-thrilled with cake person in our house too, and it makes it a little tough to come up with something for his b-day. I may have to surprise him this year with this idea. I would be his favorite mom, I think.