
When I started viewing my family and friends blogs, I felt like I wasn't getting anything accomplished. I did start a charter school but anyone can do that. It's taken several years for me to realize this but I really do enjoy being at home. What's even crazier is that my kids like it when I'm home. They love coming home from school and smelling something cooking or the latest for Megan has been coming home to see what I have sewn for the day.
So here are a couple of my latest projects. I have to confess that it's been my very creative cousins on both sides of my family that have given me the boost to get movin'. "Tryin' to keep up with the cousins!"
This first quilt top is going to be a doll blanket for Megan's dolls. We still have to add several boarders to make it the proper size. This is the Funky Monkey line from Moda. I got them as free samples.

Here is mine and Ter's first attemp at putting a quilt front together. These particular fabrics were all discontinued fabrics when I worked at a showroom and they were headin' to the dumpster. So there is really no rhyme or reason to the colors or patterns. I'll consider this my learning quilt. Make mistakes on this one and not on one with really cute fabrics.
Check out what some of the cousins are doing.

JoAnn's had 70% off fall fabrics during the Christmas holiday and this is one of the prints I bought. It's unltra suede with horses heads embroidered on it. Megan wears this with a brown shirt and denim jacket. It looks really cute on her. I had to remind myself how to do things since it's been 5 years since I've made anything other than flannel P.J's. I'm back in the saddle again!
4 comments:
Tiff--I'm so excited to see you quilting!!! Since I've made my first little doll quilt, I've made another 3 to give away. They are so addicting aren't they? I'm sure Meagan will love it. And please don't feel the need to "keep up". It's just fun to see what everyone is doing. We all sew for "therapy", so obviously we are sewing to keep sane in the looonnng cooolllddd winters. :)
If it makes you feel any better I don't quilt, sew or open charter schools.
Wow. you've been busy. How can the cousins get in on those free samples? :)
please tell me you are joking about the charter school comment because not many can or will start a charter school.
Love your projects--and my L. would D-I-E over that horse skirt, even if she is 12 yrs. old.
Post a Comment