Somehow Megan's birthday's always drag out to be a two week celebration. Must be a girl thing!
We were in Provo, working on my parents new house, the weekend of her birthday. So grandma Lewis made cupcakes that were super yummy!

Notice the candles! Grandma didn't have any, so we had to use matches. FYI-they burn super fast!

Teya, gracing us with crossed face.

Then the next weekend, when we were back in St. George, she had her friend party.

I've gotten a lot of mileage out of this fabric garland. I think we've used it 4 times.
Brevin has asked for a red, white and blue garland for his birthday. It makes decorating so easy. The eye goes straight to the garland alleviating the need for any other decorations.

Meg's got some really good girls to hang out with. We had 7 come to the party. But there about 10 girls who normally come to her late nights. (We do late nights about every other month.)

They had teams race to put puzzles together, played Spoons, and
Huckle-Buckle-
Beanstalk.

This is what
Ter and I gave Meg for her birthday. I'm so glad she's into vintage. She looks so cute riding around. We are going to get two more side baskets for the back rack so she can use her bike to take her herbs and vegetables around to sell this summer.
Here's the cousins playing Spoons at Grma/pa Lewis' house the weekend of Meg's birthday. Watch out, it gets a little violent.
I can't believe Meg's 12. Young Women's, make up and all things girly! I'm so happy to have a girl in our family. Don't get me wrong. I love the boys, I'm just happy to have at least one girl I can go shopping with and dress up real cute. (Though, now she can do that on her own!)
Ter and I were talking about how different she is from the boys. Not just the anatomy. She has stick-to-a-tive-ness, she loves to save money and she never needs to be reminded to do things. She gets lots of calls from people wanting her to baby sit and I'm grateful they trust her with the care of their children.
Most importantly, I'm thankful she has a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEG!!! Love ya!
5 comments:
i love megan's bike! i'm glad she had a good birthday.
FUN!!! I miss you guys so much!! I CAN NOT believe Megan is 12!! That's just crazy!! Love you guys!
-Haleigh
Oh my goodness she looks so grown up.
Megan's adorable. Love the bike and the match candles and the garland. I might have to actually break out my sewing machine and make one.
what? Meg is 12! What about my little Sunbeam? :) Yeah for Young Womens that is a fun time!
Post a Comment