Saturday, February 11, 2012

Completed Sewing Projects

I tell myself quite often to finish up my unfinished projects, but lately I've decided some things are more important than others. (i.e my living room still has paint squares painted on three walls in different colors and it's been this way for 3 years) You'd think I'd be sick of this by now. But I've had to tell myself, it will get done someday! Someday- my new favorite word.

So here are some of the projects that have actually been completed in the last few weeks.

This is Spencer's messenger bag. I made one for his music books and gave it to him for Christmas and he liked it so much he wanted to change from his backpack to this.




I found some way cool Air Force fabric, that was 50% off, to line the inside.




Then made sure he had plenty of hooks to use for hanging the import things, like car keys.




Brevin had to be my model for Teya's messenger bag. Doesn't he look cute in turquoise and red? I sent this to Teya for her 7th birthday.




The inside pockets are a contrast polka dot.





The outside zipper has a cute snail for the pull.




Then to hold the flap down we used two pieces of ribbon and tied them in bows. I wanted to find parachute hooks, but they were super expensive, so ribbon worked just fine.




I didn't actually do these towels myself. I just had the idea then had a friend do the monogramming. Brevin isn't very good at switching out his hand towels in his bathroom. Since I do all white towels in my house they have to be switched out daily. I figured if they had the day of the week on them he'd be more likely to remember. Does this actually work? Not exactly but they're changed more often than before.




This next bit are the t-shirts I've made thus far to put on my cousin Renae's blog. She's doing a segment on sewing with knits. I was hoping it would get me jump started into getting some of those unfinished projects done. It's helping, but I need to burn some midnight oil.



These shirts were all made with a boat neck. I think I have the body fitting very nice, but I'm still working on getting the sleeve just right. So I've got some more shirts to make and play around.




I'm so looking forward to warmer weather.




This is one of my favorite skirts. I made it using Amy Butlers heavy weight fabric.


1 comment:

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

Way to go Tiff!!! What GREAT projects and SO professionally done! AWESOME!