Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Time to get organized

Okay, now I'm ticked I didn't take before pictures of my pantry, cause it was way bad and I'm proud of how clean and organized everything is.

The pantry was the first of three major projects to tackle during the Christmas Break.

It's so nice to be able to see exactly where everything is.

I've used about 6-2 qrt and 3 1-gallon glass jars to keep ingredients that come in soft containers. I can simply untie the label when they need to go into the dishwasher. I'd like to get some contact paper to cover my #10 cans from the church cannery, but that can wait for another time.

Homemade granola, yummmm! The box of Rice Crispies is for baking only. I have not bought cold cereal in about 2 years. It's been the best money saver ever!


Space down at the bottom of the pantry for 4-5gal buckets. Oat flour, Wheat, Oatmeal and cracked 9 grain.
Spencer was my helper on this project. Thanks buddy!
Project #2- thawing the freezer so I can see what's in there.

Not a pretty sight.

Look at that ice. I think it was about 4 or 5" thick. Disgusting!!!

The inside of the freezer door is always a mess. I get lazy and start shoving things in. Usually when I open the door, mostly with a swift jerk, stuff slides out under the plastic railing and lands on the floor.
So.......drum roll please.......

Tada! I found these plastic bins at Wal Mart. One for meats and veges and two for fruits. This feels much better. I now know what I have in there.

I tried to fix the door items so they would stop falling out every time I opened the door, but I could still use a smaller bin to hold choc. chips and nuts and such.
No helpers on this project. Just little old me!
Project #3 was to clean out the garage. Rats, I didn't take any pictures. But it looks great.
Ter was a huge help with this project. I don't think I would have done it on my own.
All three of these projects took one full day. Glad their done, but we must be real slobs!

No comments: