Saturday, July 10, 2010

Brevin's 8th Birthday

Today was a special day for Brevin. He got to be baptized. He was so excited. Almost all our extended family was in town to witness the event. I'm so grateful he made the choice to be baptized. We were very fortunate to hold the baptism just for him. Because of this, we were able to have a minute to share testimonies. We had both grandmas share there testimonies. Then I did and finally Brevin got up and shared such a sweet testimony. I wish we had done this when the other two were baptized. It really made the day special. Brevins a great kid and a great example. He's a constant reminder than I need to be better. Thanks buddy, I love you.


Ter has baptized all the kids and I'm so grateful he is worthy to do so.

Here's the most important person of the day. Mr. Brevin Tanner White, and his missing teeth.

The family that loves him.

And the extended family who came to support him. Thanks everyone!

The party following the baptism was a Hawaiian theme. We invited our neighbors who all have kids the same age as ours and had a swim party, BBQ.

Megan with neighbor Cassie

Brevin with cousins Caleb and Kyle

Brevin and Kyle

Hawaiian garland

Jumping on the tramp with the hose spraying everyone, hours of fun!

Neighbor friend Brin. Her family did come, but her brother was running around the pool, slipped and split open his knee. He had to go get 9 stitches. Sorry Connor!

Are these cakes amazing or what!? My neighbor friend Ellen, whipped these up like it was nothing. This is another area where I'm seriously challenged.

I should have taken side shots, the turtle and the warrior mask sit on top of the cakes by about 2 inches. They were awesome!



Cousin Tadd showing me his train wreck in his mouth.

Grandma Lewis teaching us some dances from the Polynesian Islands. This little activity really showed who was coordinated and who wasn't. We had some good laughs.


Grandpa White

Daddy B relaxing in the pool. This was after he's stood at the BBQ for 2 hrs and the chicken still wasn't done. He has now boycott BBQ-ing chicken.

opening presents

Grandma White after an exhausting afternoon of playing and dancing.
The next post has some videa clips from our attempts at dancing. These are kinda funny!
I think I'm in need of a new camera. My videos are not longer clear. Sorry about the fuzz!

No comments: