Thursday, April 1, 2010

Project Time #3 in progress

While mom and I worked on the mantle Dad and Ter worked on the new library for Brev's bedroom. This idea came to me while trying to get our books organized one day and I was really frustrated that I didn't have enough bookshelves in the house.
Even though Brev's room is the smallest he had the best layout for full height, wall to wall, bookshelves. It didn't even make his room look small. As a matter of fact, it actually looks bigger. So, I had a local cabinet guy cut out all the pieces. (In hind sight I should have just had my dad do it because he ended up having to recut every piece of wood. ) Then the guys assembled the boxes in the garage.


Starting the installation, full height to the right of the window...

Taking a break from their project to cut the crown molding for our mantle
project....

Installing the base cabinet under the window......


Pulling the wires through for lighting and installing cabinet above the window....


Can't wait for face trim and painting so Brev's loading her up. Actaully, we ran out of funds so this project will stay unfinished for some time. Thank goodness it's one that can be used in it's unfinished state.



1 comment:

Renae said...

That looks like it is going to be awesome!